- Give chickens and animals leftover food and fruit and veggie scraps. Share with neighbours if you don’t have animals.
- Bring your fruit and veggie scraps to the school chooks.
- Make a pile of leaves and it will turn into compost for your garden.
- Build a worm farm out of styrofoam boxes. Get worms from the school worm farm instead of buying them!
- Build a Trench Compost area in your garden. See our next blog post for how to do it.
The 5th R - ROT
ROT waste is the fifth R. Here are some practical tips for families to ROT their food scraps and green and brown waste.
17/6/2019 11:30:10 am
Great tips and I love the drawing!
24/3/2023 02:30:48 pm
Love the drawing.
Leave a Reply.
Sustainability at St Josephs
At St Joseph’s we inspire our students and our community to care for God’s world by conserving natural resources, through positive daily actions. We aim to provide practical environmental education in all aspects of school life and stimulate environmental consciousness for a sustainable future.