Burger Bun recipe
Time required: 1 hour for dough 30 minutes to prepare and cook buns.
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup oil
- 500g Flour
- 1 ½ tsp of yeast
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- Put ingredients into bread maker and set to dough function.
- Heat oven to 1800C
- Once dough is ready shape into 18 small buns and 1 big bun.
- Once dough is shaped into buns, add cheese and bacon on top of the bun.
- make sure you make a well in the top to put the cheese.
- put baking paper on the tray.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Time required:1 hour
Makes 22 burgers
Lamb mince from Clovernook Farm
Onion from garden
Herbs: chives, Rosemary Oregano from garden
Eggs from our chooks
Mozzarella cheese for middle of burgers
- Mince the lamb
- Grate parmesan cheese
- Chop onions and garlic
- Chop herbs – chives, rosemary, oregano
- Crack 4 eggs and lightly mix
- Add bread crumbs and mix
- Add tomato paste and mix until all the sauce is mixed in
- Add all above ingredients to bowl and mix the ingredients
- Put on gloves to create the shape of your mince patty (about two decent sized hand full
- Cut up the mozzarella cheese and place in the middle of patty. Cover the cheese on both sides to prevent the cheese from falling out..
- Cook the patty in a hot pan on the stove and be careful to not under cook the Lamb Burger.
Serve on a homemade bun with Italian Tomato Sauce, Aoli, Kale Pesto, Rocket and Lettuce Salad
Time required: one hour and a half
Makes about 250g
1 clove garlic
60g parmesan cheese
20g parsley leaves
30g kale leaves, washed and stems removed
100g sunflower seeds (we’re a nut-free school)
50g olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Get garlic, parmesan, parsley, kale, sunflower seeds and lemon juice.
Next cut the garlic,parsley and the kale.
Now put the cut up garlic, parsley and kale into a blender also put in parmesan sunflower seeds and lemon juice.
Finally put all the ingredients in with each other into a blender and then put it into a bowl then you will be finished.
Rocket and lettuce salad
- Pick some lettuce and rocket.
- Cut the lettuce and rocket into small pieces.
- Put them put them put them into a bowl to put onto your hamburger.
Italian Tomato Sauce
Home made chutney
Home made tomato sauce
- Add the homemade chutney and homemade sauces in the pot
- Cut up the rosemary, spring onions, lemon and chocolate mint add it to the pot with the homemade chutney & homemade sauce.
- Leave it to boil and make sure that you don't let it burn.
- Spoon it into a bowl to serve with lamb burger.
2 cloves Garlic
- Crush garlic then add the salt and pepper
- Get one cup of mayonnaise add it to the crushed garlic
- Add the lemon to the mixture and stir.
- Spoon into a bowl to serve on the lamb burger