HOW TO GROW YOUR POTATOES IN A POT
- Plant your potatoes after all danger of frost has passed. Fill a pot with 10 cm of moist soil or compost. Small potatoes can be planted as they are.
- Plant the potatoes 15 cm apart and cover them with about 8cm of moist soil.
- Cover the potatoes with more soil after they sprout stems and leaves and are about 18 cm tall.
- Continue to cover the small plants until they reach the top of the pot. Your pot of potatoes should be kept well watered but not soggy.
- You can harvest the potatoes after the plants flower and then turn yellow. This will be in about 12 weeks. You can also remove new potatoes before flowering. Once the stems turn yellow, stop watering and wait a week. Dig out the potatoes.
- Clean the potatoes and enjoy some and bring the rest to sell at the Fair!