Here are some practical tips for families to REDUCE the amount of waste they have or buy that will only end up in landfill.
- Buy less new things and have a yearly budget for clothes, toys and other items.
- Do a weekly menu and make a shopping list to avoid buying food that might be thrown out.
- Don’t buy anything that has too much plastic packaging.
- Take your own containers to the butchers or markets
- Buy in bulk - it saves you money too.
- Reduce food into landfill by bringing scraps to school for our chooks or give them to a neighbour who has chooks.
- Do less shopping.
- Turn off taps when not using water so you reduce the amount of water you waste..
Written by LGB, illustration by Josh.