Here are some practical tips for families to help them REFUSE buying waste that will only end up in landfill.
- Take metal straws or keep cups to cafes.
- Refuse to buy small packs inside a bigger pack - Buy in bulk to reduce plastic and save money!
- Take your own shopping bags and refuse to buy plastic shopping bags that can’t be recycled anyway and will end up in our waterways.
- Refuse to buy any fruit and vegetables in plastic containers or bags. Take your own produce bags.
- Buy products in cans/tins (dog food, soft drink or food) where possible, as cans can be recycled back into new cans.
- Use wax wraps or reusable wraps instead of plastic wrap.
Written by Connor, Thomas, Jensen, Joshua, Marianna and Mitchell